FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES
We seek associate project consultants with expertise in the broadband, smart city and/or local government sectors. Our ideal candidates have strong subject matter knowledge and think creatively to solve large-scale technology problems for communities across the US. We look for self-driven leaders that can work effectively in unstructured work environments and lead project teams to support clients’ needs. Our consultants truly believe in and practice a client first mentality to ensure their projects are successful.
Responsible for managing assigned projects and for fulfilling projects according to proposals developed by Magellan for clients. Responsible for allocating other internal Magellan staff as needed, provide support and fulfillment on these projects, and subcontractors will work on projects assigned to other Magellan staff as requested by staff by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Wrike, Basecamp, Team Gantt, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Publisher.
Bachelor's degree (B. A. / B. S.) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Time management skills
• Prioritization skills
• Delegation skills
• Oral and written communication
• Ability to travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Project Management Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and attends meetings and conference calls with internal staff and clients.
2. Ensures that meeting minutes are taken for all relevant conference calls and meetings.
3. Ensures that site visit summaries are created for all relevant site visits.
4. Manages timelines, issues, and deliverables related to assigned projects.
5. Manages the work product and ensuring that it conforms to project scope.
6. Schedules and participates in site visits and travels when required.
7. Utilizes Magellan’s project management tools to manage projects and to provide accurate management reporting.
8. Requests internal staff support on projects.
9. Alerts management if project slippage or other issues occur.
10. Maintains fulfillment work on broadband, telecom, and related projects.
11. Researches and analyzes information to produce reports and other work products for projects, in the following areas: technical, financial, regulatory, market, general business, needs assessments, and others to be determined by staff.
12. Authors work product and coordinates with internal staff on co-authorship.
13. Proofs draft reports and final work product for clients.
14. Delivers final reports to clients and presenting results.
15. Identifies additional business opportunities through projects assigned.
16. Utilizes current contacts and professional networks to identify new business opportunities.