STATUS: EXEMPT EMPLOYEE
REPORTS TO: VP DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
LOCATION: ORLANDO, FL
FULLTIME SALARIED POSITION
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATES
We seek a Project Manager with expertise in the management of outside plant fiber-optic network design and construction projects related to municipal and service provider deployments. Our ideal candidates have strong subject matter knowledge and think creatively to solve large-scale technology problems for communities across the US as a key member of the Magellan team. We look for self-driven professionals that can work effectively in remote unstructured work environments and can assist and lead coordination efforts on the various projects with its project teams and other supporting resources.
This position will be responsible for the oversight of various broadband project across North America. The Project Manager directly reports to the VP of Design and Construction.
As a Broadband Project Manager, you will be responsible for management of multiple projects across the portfolio of work Magellan has under contract. This includes coordination with other employees, subcontractors, resources and clients in the various stages of broadband projects to include: fiber master plans, cost projections, design, construction management, and implementation and stand up of new fiber-optic networks including equipment, inside and outside plant infrastructure. As a Project Manager it is expected that you coordinate daily management activities including handling daily issues from the field needing management level decisions to keep the project moving. Daily coordination with construction managers and design resources to ensure schedule is being met and reporting is accurate and on time. The ideal candidate will have well rounded knowledge of all aspects of broadband projects and will spearhead project efforts and guide the team from inception to completion. It is also expected the experience and industry knowledge will be utilized to provide guidance and make recommendations to both internal resources and clients alike. Daily interaction with coworkers, subcontractors, vendors and clients will be required.
In addition to this, the project manager will be responsible to assist in project reporting, and to ensure all required project reports, change orders and turnover documentation for the client is accurate and delivered on time. The project manager will also be responsible for review and coordination of all design work, and ensuring all permitting procedures are accounted for.
The project manager should demand consistency, accuracy, and timeliness in all aspects of the project activities, documentation, and reporting. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and computer skills, hosting and reporting on calls, and on documents is a daily requirement of this job. They will report project updates and issues directly to the VP of Design and Construction for guidance input and assist in other duties as they are assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, social networking applications, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Publishing.
Must have extensive experience in managing and implementing fiber-optic broadband deployments of inside and outside plant networks. Must be a self starter, and work well with others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
• Organizational skills
• Project administration skills
• Time management skills
• Presentation skills
• Knowledge of office productivity tools
• Increases job knowledge
• Enhances organization's reputation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision. Must be able to adapt work hours to meet project demands and timelines and travel using by car, and air travel on a regular basis.
DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Oversight and daily coordination with project team including fiber master plans and client consulting, financials and cost projections, grant funding assistance, equipment configurations, design for inside and outside plant for fiber-optic networks, and network implementation. with client and advise/recommend any changes that would be in the best interest of our client and comply with local standards.
2. Ensure all production data from the field is being compiled and reported accurately. This includes reviewing with client and contractor and managing signatures and approvals.
3. Coordinate and work with contractors on scheduling, material order issues and assist in any issue that comes up in this process to help minimize delays.
4. Compile, track and report on all project documentation to include scheduling, change order control including review and approval, weekly project production tracking, and asbuilts including prints changes, splice matrix changes and fiber allocation changes.
5. Ensure proper routing of all documentation as it becomes complete
6. Be available daily to help address any field related issues and available to the client.
7. Maintain and organize all documents including document version control.
8. Have the ability to travel as needed. Travel can be heavy at times and can include international travel. It is estimated total time traveling or out of town to be 40%.
9. Spearhead project schedule, deliverables and team to include remote employee resources. Support entire project team including timelines, milestones, deliverables, quality control procedures and be responsible for communication of project concerns or risks.
10. Assist in various tasks assigned for all back-office support.
11. Coordinate weekly meetings including internal meetings, meetings with clients and with contractors to address weekly goals and identify any issues including the following:
a. Project level tasking – assignments, due dates, quality of deliverables
b. Project team calls – manages agenda, minutes, and action items
c. Manages and oversees consistent use of Magellan’s tools within the teams, including but not limited to Wrike, ensuring project data is consistent and accurate.
d. Manage and coordinate project documentation – project charters, data collection, memos, communications, and meetings.
12. Must have valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and laptop.