Senior Broadband/Telecom Consultant - Remote
Scope of Work:
The Senior Broadband/Telecom Consultant will have expert knowledge in one or more of the four core competencies of Magellan Advisors. We prefer candidates that have direct experience working in an employment role or consulting with local governments, utilities or telecommunications providers. The Senior Consultant will be a key member of the project fulfillment team, participating as a project lead or key consultant to serve Magellan’s clients. In this role, the Senior Consultant will engage the primary project team, other Magellan project teams and the client directly. The Senior Consultant is expected to travel about 50% of the time to support client projects across the US. Travel may be sporadic and is not on a specific schedule, rather, it is defined by client engagements on an as needed basis.
Position Type: Long-Term Contract, Convertible to Employment
Skills & Qualifications:
Strong understanding of local government/utility departmental functions and technology’s role, Strong understanding of the broadband environment, issues and solutions; Functional knowledge of broadband technologies including fiber and wireless in either an enterprise, government or service provider environment; Strong business and organizational planning skills; Ability to think creatively and devise solutions to complex business problems, ability to convey complex and technical subject matter into easily understandable information; Strong client engagement skills; Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English; Bachelor’s degree required from a recognized university.
Areas of Responsibility:
General project fulfillment functions, including:
General project management and fulfillment functions, including:
- Engaging with clients on projects assigned by the Regional Director;
- Attending client site visits with other project team members;
- Understanding and communicating client issues and opportunities as they relate to broadband, smart city and information technology;
- Contributing to the development of strategic plans, business plans and other work products;
- Developing justifiable business case solutions to client challenges;
- Researching and analyzing information to produce reports and other work products across the following subject matter areas within broadband, smart city and information technology environments:
- Needs assessments
- Authoring work product and coordinating with internal staff on co-authorship;
- Delivering final reports to clients and presenting results.
Business development functions:
- Planning and attending meetings and conference calls with internal staff and clients
- Managing timelines, issues and deliverables related to assigned projects
- Alerting management if project slippage or other issues occur
- Utilizing Magellan’s project management tools to manage projects
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products;
- Scheduling and participating in site visits, travelling when required
- Requesting internal staff support on projects
- Managing the work product and ensuring that it conforms to project scope
- Developing progress reports, interim deliverables and final deliverables for client engagements.
- Identifying additional business opportunities to cross and up sell Magellan’s services;
- Attending conferences that are relevant to the Senior Consultant’s subject matter expertise;
- Utilizing current contacts and professional network to identify new business opportunities